Brainy Quote

Monday, April 5, 2010

Avoid Using the Handphone When Driving!

A friend of mine was involved in accident when he was in University. He was one of the few guys who owned a car. While driving to University one morning, he was invloved in a accident and the driver of the other car was on his handphone which at that time was about a size of a brick. My friend came out of the accident with minor scratches but his car was a total wreck. Unfortunately, my friend forgot to report this and thed river got away with the accident with minor reprimand.

As a result of this incident, I have made it a habit to use my hands-free kit when driving. The first thing that I do when I get into the car is to put on my handsfree.

Many people have lost their loved-ones as a result of such wreckless action by drivers. I remember sending out a video that highlighted the dangers of "SMSing" or "Texting" while driving. I was watching Oprah Winfrey show and they intereviewed a mother who lost her daughter becuase the driver was texting while driving and knocked down a 8 or 9 year old girl who was cycling. The driver's excuse was she did not see the girl.

It only takes a second to lose focus and cause an accident. You will regret it for the rest of your life. So better be safe than to be sorry. That SMS or phone call can wait.

Please help yourself by avoiding using the handphone when driving and you will help others use the roads safely. Drive safely and be considerate to other road users.

Regards,
Mark

No comments: