Brainy Quote

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Your Mind Is a Powerful Tool!

Hi  All,

Last Wednesday, I had dinner at one my favorite Indian restaurants with my friends from college. We met after more that 20years. We had a great time but I believe the cook put too much of "MSG" in the "fish-head" curry. I could not sleep because my throat felt dry, So, I woke up at 3.00am to watch Golf and they were showing Lady's Golf tournament. Kristie Kerr a top women's golfer was playing and she was leading the tournament with a 5 shot lead. But apparently, she hit a bad drive in one of the holes and she double-bogeyed (which is bad when you play golf). But that started playing on her mind and she lost her 5 shot lead. She started missing her putts which keeps missing the holes by millimeters. You could hear her shouting at herself and the golf ball.

I played golf on Friday, and this thought of Kristie Kerr missing her putts kept playing in my head, I don't know why. I was playing well but I kept missing some of my putts like how Kristie Kerr was. I could have"Birdied" (which a good thing in Golf) but I ended up "bogeying" a "birdie-able" hole. This happened on at least 4 of the holes. I did not let this bother me too much and I enjoyed my golf. But I wish I had better control of my mind, I would have played a great game with a few birdies.

My point is that.....be careful of what you think.Use your mind well. It may just come true.Power of "VISUALIZATION". If you can think positively, what you wish will come true. Likewise, if you this of the worse-case scenario (thinking negatively), it will also come true. If you can train yourself to be positive, you will be able to achieve what you want.

So be careful what you think and say. Like your thoughts, your words also have the power to empower or weaken you. Best of Luck!

Happy Deepavali!

Cheers,
Mark

No comments: